Ordering A Vital Record

The Office of Vital Statistics and Registry registers vital events and maintains the following vital records:

  • Birth, marriage and death records back to 1916
  • Domestic partnership records back to 2004
  • Civil union records back to 2007
  • Adoptions - foreign and domestic filed within the State of New Jersey
  • Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth data back to 1969

Divorce decrees are available through the Superior Court Records Center at 609-421-6100

Genealogical Requests

Requests for genealogical searches must be completed by mail.

Order Status

Check the Status of your Order

What You Will Need to Begin

  • Credit Card
  • Valid driver’s license or two forms of alternate ID
  • Proof of relationship, change of name and/or address, if applicable
To save time in processing your request, verify the required documents for your order by using the Document Selector.

Important: Please refrain from using your browser's back button when navigating through this site.

Office of Vital Statistics & Registry
H & A Bldg, 5th Floor
Warren & Market Streets
Trenton, NJ 08625